Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

WALL STREET: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS

While the original WALL STREET was one of the defining movies of the 80's, its sequel will soon be forgotton.
The world of Wall Street is so not my world. I've never been one to buy and sell stocks and I just get confused when I hear anyone talk about this fund or that portfolio. So the subject matter just didn't interest me.
Gordon Gekko, in prison for insider trading, gets out of jail after twenty some years and hits the road as an author and highly paid speaker. Before long, he meets the young man who idolizes him and just happens to be engaged to his daughter.
Oh yeah -- His daughter hates him: "You went to jail and LEFT US (sob). How could you (sob). I never want to see you again (sob). Uh. . . Nevermind that I'm filthy rich because of you and I live in a gazillion dollar Manhattan penthouse condo, even though I work for a non-profit 'green' website. Nevermind all that."
Hasn't the "I hate my father" story been done ad nauseum?
Well, anyway, Gordon, hoping to win back his daughter's favor, gets involved in another heavy-duty scam. What a surprise.
Actually, no surprises here. Just a dumb story with a completely predictable ending. The only good part of this movie was Charlie Sheen's cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment