Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

BURLESQUE

Just because we're gay doesn't mean we have to love Cher all the time. . . right? Don't get me wrong -- I DO love Cher, but to say she was at her best in BURLESQUE is a load of doo doo. Absolutely no comparison to her performances in movies like SILKWOOD, MOONSTRUCK, MASK, COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME JIMMY DEAN JIMMY DEAN. I saw this movie on Thanksgiving Day in Palm Springs with a pretty large group of guys, and the theater was packed with our kind. . . a very forgiving audience, if you will. I can't tell you how my times I heard, as I was walking out of the auditorium, thins like, "OMG! That was fabulous!" What ev. Bottom line -- It wasn't. I'm not even gonna go into how bad the script/story was. Other than Cher's cheezeball "anthem," "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me," (which really means we HAVE as far as movies go), the film was pretty much a two-hour Christina Aguilera video. So if that's your thing, then you will no doubt like this movie. I couldn't wait for it to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment